Features and Options
PSC 8029 Service Crane
Meeting or exceeding all ASME and OSHA standards, the Palfinger PSC 8029 is a full hydraulic service crane with 8,000 lbs capacity. The PSC 8029 hydraulic service crane comes standard with simultaneous multi-function proportional radio remote controls, superior weight-to-lift ratios, and 29’ of reach. The crane is exclusively E-coated by Palfinger for the best rust protection in the industry.
LIGHTER. PALFINGER’s service cranes are as much as 30% lighter than the competition — without sacrificing strength or reach. Less weight means more payload for tools and supplies necessary on the job site.
LONGER. Up to 30% longer than the competition, PALFINGER’s service cranes have the longest reach in the industry. More reach means fewer setup adjustments on the job site and improved access for those challenging lifts. Standard boom lengths are 16’, 25, and 29’ depending on the size of the crane.
STRONGER. PALFINGER’s service cranes are up to 20% stronger than the competition, with a superior lifting moment rating and load chart to do more work in more places. With PALFINGER’s safety systems, including the exclusive winch damage prevention system, lifting more is also safer than ever before.
- PLANETARY WINCH Planetary winch provides speed and durability.
- HORSE HEAD Low profile design. Optional boom tip hook and lights. No A2B components to interfere with operation.
- LOAD BLOCK STOWING BRACKET Bracket and pads designed to keep load block from contacting the boom when stowed.
- HEXAGONAL BOOMS Ultra-low maintenance high tensile strength self-centering single weld boom sections powered by internal extension cylinders.
- CYLINDERS Internal extension cylinders for 29’ of hydraulically powered outreach. All cylinders are E-coated and use a 5 stage marine grade seal system.
- CONTROL SYSTEM Features a standard proportional wireless remote control unit, integrated E-stop button, warning horn and manual valve activation capability. Cranes are controlled with 12V DC power supply
- 3RD WRAP LIMITING SYSTEM Integrated system prevents wire rope spool off, ensuring three wraps remain on drum. Exceeds ASME B30.5.
- PROPORTIONAL CONTROL Through the control valve, fully proportional control of all functions is standard.
- Rated lifting moment 43,000 ft*lbs. (58.3 kNm (5.9 mt))
- Maximum lifting moment 49,180 ft*lbs. (66.5 kNm (6.8 mt))
- Boom extensions 29 ft. (8.9 m) 2 hydraulic
- Crane weight 2,149 lbs. (975 kg)
- Hydraulically powered extensions
- Wireless remote control unit
- Integrated E-stop button
- Manual emergency valve activation capability
- Integrated warning horn
- 12V DC power supply
- Slewing torque 4,920 ft*lbs. (6.8 kNm (0.7 mt))
- Slewing angle 400 ° rotation
- Worm gear drive with surface hardened gear teeth
STANDARDS (meets or exceeds)
- Crane design ASME B30.5, OSHA 1910.28
- Calculation EN 12999 H1,B6
PLANETARY GEAR WINCH
- Max. winch force single line 4,000 lbs. (1,820 kg)
- Max. winch force double line 8,000 lbs. (3,650 kg)
- Max. line speed 60 ft./min (18.2 m/min)
- Cable size and length 7/16” x 120’ (11 mm x 36.5 m)
- Two-block damage prevention system
- 3rd wrap end stop system
- Operating pressure 3,045 psi (21 Mpa (210 bar))
- Required oil flow 8-12 GPM (30-45 l/min)
- Electronic overload protection system
- Five stage marine-grade seals on all cylinders
- Non integrated load-holding valves on all cylinders
CRANE | CHASSIS INTERFACE
- Base plate dimension 17.75” x 17.75” (450 mm x 450 mm)
- Hole pattern 14.75” x 14.75” (375 mm x 375 mm)
- Mounting bolts 4 x 1 1/4” -12 UNF
Pal Pro 43 service body
PAL Pro 43 is Palfinger's leading weight-optimized mechanics body built to handle service cranes up to the 8,000 lb. PSC 8029, rated at 43,000 ft. lbs. lifting capacity. Like all true crane bodies from PALFINGER, the PAL Pro 43 is manufactured with 12-gauge all A-60 galvanneal construction, a hybrid torsion box that eliminates frame and size pack deflection and the best rust protection in the industry.
- 44" standard compartment heights with raised compartment options
- 11' standard configurations
- Treadplate cargo floor, load space walls, and compartment tops
- Hybrid torsion box and ladder frame
- PALFINGER engineered internal gussets prevents body cracking
- Full-length channel drip rails
- Double panel doors with internal C-channel stiffeners, adhered with structural adhesive
- Non-marring boom rest
- Workbench featuring 12" or 21" bumper, 1/4" steel top plate, and receiver hitch
- Linear adjustable front mounts
- Aluminum doors and hinges
- A-60 galvanneal zinc-coated steel
- Rubber-mounted LED lights
- E-coat primer